Accelerating ocean sustainability transitions
Blue Komune is a digital collaborative platform designed by and for all ocean professionals to accelerate ocean sustainability transitions through peer-to peer collaboration.
Our mission is to facilitate better collaboration between all players involved in sustainable ocean action across 4 pillars
- Peer-to-peer distributed ocean governance
- Ocean knowledge co-production
- Decentralized ocean data exchange
- Collaborative ocean action marketplace
Connecting ocean action silos
Ocean action, today, remains fragmented across scale and geographical boundaries (from local to global), across sectors and amongst players (private, public and civil society).
Transcending ocean action geographical, thematic, organizational and sectoral boundaries has never been more urgent to tackle collectively ocean sustainability challenges.
By leveraging peer-to-peer networking technologies, Blue Komune powers better cooperation amongst all ocean stakeholders.
Mobilizing all ocean players within action-focused communities
Blue Komune is made for all ocean professionals who play or have a role to play in the preservation of the ocean and the transition to a sustainable blue economy.
By facilitating the networking and cross-fertilisation of expertise within self-organized communities, Blue Komune aims to federate activists and industrialists, entrepreneurs and scientists, researchers and explorers, NGOs and local authorities, divers and investors around a common sustainable ocean action objective.
PEER-TO-PEER COLLABORATION FOR SUSTAINABLE OCEAN ACTION
Blue Komune is organized into peer-to-peer ocean action networks, based on ocean sustainability transition challenges, so as to unite a wide variety of players around thematic categories of action.
By registering with Blue Komune, each user identifies himself, according to his sector, his activity, his objective or his expertise, in relation to one of these ocean action categories.
Blue carbon sinks
Marine protected areas
Seaweed and Algae
select your ocean action profile
HOW TO ACT ON BLUE KOMUNE
Easily find out who’s doing what, where and why when it comes to ocean sustainability transition and ocean preservation action
- Access online directories
- Search by theme
- Search by actor
- Search by action
- Search by content
- Search by location
Easily network with your peers to accelerate your impact
- Create your ocean action profile
- Get visible to your peers
- Build meaningful connections
- Exchange with your peers
- Engage with your peers
Easily share ocean related knowledge to spur informed sustainable ocean action
- Submit relevant content and knowledge to co-construct the largest distributed ocean knowledge network
- Share and monetize your data
- Share your needs to build impactful partnerships
- Invite your peers
Easily create and share actions to mobilize your peers
- List your needs (fundraising, jobs, events, material assistance, volunteers, partners etc.)
- Share your projects
Engage your community through specific call to action
- Join other ocean action communities
- Accelerate your impact
MANAGE YOUR OCEAN ACTION NETWORK
Manage all your interactions through your personal dashboard
- Keep up to date with what’s happening within your network (actions, peers, knowledge)
- Get personalized notifications
- Answer calls to action